Nothing makes a statement like a sparkly dress, but how to style a sequin dress & accessorize it correctly is the key to rocking a classy look.
The #1 rule to follow is that sequins are bold and eye-catching, so let your dress stand on its own. If you keep the rest of your look lowkey, your dress will keep the focus on you!
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Choose a sequin dress in one color only
You’ll stand out just because your dress is sequin. But a patterned of multi-colored sequin dress can be an eyesore & ruin your look.
Choose your favorite sequin color & then stick with it!
Source: DaVinci Occasions
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Keep your Hair Simple
- For short hair, just tousle it with a little mousse.
- Beach waves are pretty either long or short.
- A messy bun always works.
- Fishtail braids are a dressy upgrade to a ponytail (but don’t add any hair accessories).
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Choose Minimalist Metal Jewelry
Source: Haute Off the Rack
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Add Elegance with Simple Pearls
- Strapless, scoop or V-neck dress: Wear a princess length strand of pearls or a pearl choker.
- Higher neckline: Try an opera length strand or rope pearls.
Pearl stud earrings are always perfect!
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Choose Contrast Texture
- Do: Set off your dress with suede, velvet or leather
- Don’t: Make your dress compete with sequin or rhinestone accessories
Tip: You CAN Wear Bling With Sequins IF…
You add a white jacket or white blouse to tone down the sequins. Then you can accessorize with non-sequin bling.
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Add Denim!
Don’t save your sequin dress for special occasions! You’ll get a lot more use out of your dress by styling it in casual ways.
Wear a denim jacket with your sequin dress
Yes, you can wear a sequin maxi dress in daytime!
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Wear your Sequin Dress like a Skirt
Go dressy with a dark top & jacket
or go boldly casual with a printed t-shirt!
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Wear your Sequin Dress to Work!
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Pair your Sequin Dress with Solid Colors
- Stick to dark, matte surface accessories like tights.
- For an upscale touch, choose a clutch and shoes in black velvet.
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Skip the Jewelry & Wear a Hat!
This is a bold look but it’s so understated, it works!
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Keep your Shoes Simple
- Do: Stick to solid color heels or flats.
- Don’t: Overdo with a fancy design or bling.
For more great shoe ideas for sequin dresses, Click HERE or on the logo below to read shoe-tease.com’s article Best Shoes to Wear with Sequin Dresses
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Neutral Makeup!
- Eyeshadow: Tan, brown, gray, soft black
- Lips: Nude, soft pink
TIP: Lightly tinted lip gloss is perfect all on its own with a richly colored sequin outfit!
Image Courtesy of Fashiongonerogue.com
How to Style a Sequin Dress: Pair your Dress with ONE Hot Color
HOT TIPS: These ideas came from wayleads.net’s article How to Accessorize a Sparkly Dress
To see more details Click HERE for DaVinci Occasions Style #S1006
To see more details Click HERE for DaVinci Bridesmaid Style #60360
To see more details Click HERE for DaVinci Occasions Style #S1010
Check out our holiday picks for sequin dresses! Click HERE or on the image below for our
Chic Sequin Dresses for New Year’s Eve, Holiday Parties & Semi-Formal Events
For toned-down bling, Click HERE on the image below for our
Sequin Bodice Holiday Occasion Dresses
4,081 total views, 4 views today